Friday, September 15, 2006

A Glorious Day

Today was a glorious day.

It didn't start out that way. It started out with me getting a flash in my eyes as I looked at my computer screen, and then my vision kind of started resembling what you see when you look through the bottom of a glass.

Fortunately I am a doctor and rapidly diagnosed myself as having too much work; and a call to my sister the neurologist confirmed that I had to slow down (ha, ha).

OK, so I needed to relax. Guess I hadn't done that for a while. So I had something to relax, which can't be mentioned on a blog your sisters read, and then I was very relaxed. And within ten minutes my eyesight was 20/20.

I was so relaxed that on the train to New York, to my radio recording, I slept the entire hour. Then I woke up very happy and went out into the warm drizzling rain. It was a glorious train ride and a glorious day.

Just as I exited the subway I encountered a young girl in hip black clothes. She held a tray with tiny roast beef sandwiches and they tasted heavenly. I took a step back and realized I had tumbled into the grand opening of the new Le Pain Quotidien.

I entered the restaurant and a dozen eager waiters greeted me. Then I had a glorious Gazpacho and finished this off with more of those delicious roast beef sandwiches. All the while I read my recently purchased book "Lolita," trying to find out what all the fuss was about. I'm only at around page 45, so I'm still waiting for the real fuss. And you can tell this book was written 50 years ago, but wow, what a master using the English language. I had no idea there were so many ways to describe naked flesh, without really saying anything offensive.

So anyway, I got a cappuccino and some delicious bakery thing with that. Suddenly I realized I was about to miss my radio recording and had to make a hasty retreat from the table at which I had been seated. The wooden table, by the way, had room for about 30 people sitting next to each other. Just gorgeous place. Check the pictures in the link above.

A short walk and I was in the recording studio. A really cool guy welcomed me in a very hip New York environment, trendy, cement floors and all furniture built by one of his "friends" who specialized in "scrap furniture." That's new furniture built from old material. Very cool.

The soundproofing in the recording room consisted of jute covered walls right in style with the orange painted ceiling.

Anyway, I was in a good mood, got hooked up with the people who interviewed me from a different location, and things went smoothly. My only disappointment was that Pfizer hadn't sent one of their "Peter Rost Letters."

I was sooooooooo disappointed about that.

Now I'm worrying that they are taking my advice from my prior post and I won't be able to start out every interview with a verbal challenge. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut.

Oh well, maybe Pfizer will send a letter to my radio interview tomorrow. I’m just trying to remind them here, as you can tell.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure sound happy Peter. It must be fun walking with you in the rain. I like when you write more personal stuff.

Anonymous said...

Don't sound too happy, "they" may use it against you. You're supposed to suffer.
:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you had such a good day.

Wish I could say the same, but hey, there's always tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Peter, caught part of your interview with Bob brinker today, you were very good. You're not a "star?" and I'm a "boy."

vicks said...

Har du följt det svenska valet Peter? :)

Peter Rost said...

Vicks, Jag såg resultatet, gratulerar till omväxlingen! Hade glömt att det var val i Sverige . . .