Today's Guest Blogger: PharmaWatch
Today's guest blogger is Michael Lascelles from the excellent and outstanding Australian healthcare blog PharmaWatch.
Here's what he wrote as an explanation to my post Is the Prime Minister Reading this Blog?:
Our Prime Minister is a big mate of Pfizer. The company's local office is located in his electorate and has been a strong supporter of John Howard personally and the Liberal [ie conservative] Party. There is a revolving door between Howard, the Liberal Party and Pfizer, with many former minsterial advisers/media consultants now working for Pfizer and other drug companies. Therefore it should be no surprise to find that his staff are keeping tabs on what's happening at Pfizer Central. They probably want to know if they will still have cushy jobs to go to after serving on Howard's staff.
• Paul Cross: former [health minister] Michael Wooldridge's office, now at drug giant Merck Sharpe & Dohme.
• Mark Elliott: former John Howard adviser, now at Pfizer as Corporate Communications Manager.
• Catherine McGovern: former Nick Minchin staffer, now at Glaxo Smith Klein.
• Craig Regan: formerly worked in John Howard’s office, now works at Pfizer.
• Kieran Schneeman: former McGauran chief of staff, now the chief executive of Medicines Australia.
• Ken Smith: formerly worked in Michael Wooldridge's office, now at Pfizer.