Monday, August 21, 2006

Is the Prime Minister Reading this Blog?

It has become increasingly hard to keep up with the visitors to this blog, especially after the CEO change at Pfizer when volume increased substantially, however, on occasion I check out who's been coming by.

And, I have to admit I just got soooo impressed.

I apparently just had five repeat visits from "Department Of Prime Minister And Cabinet" of Australia.

Surely I don't know if the Prime Minister John Howard was visiting, but clearly either he himself or someone in his cabinet found my pictures, er, I mean posts, interesting.

Now I'm just waiting for the seal of the White House to show up.

If Clinton had still been in office I would have expected him to have been a regular.

I might even have had to increase the picture content to keep him coming!

That didn't sound quite right.

Never mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Rost,

Ever since you posted what Pfizer employees are thinking at the Cafe Pharma site(http://208.101.7.228/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=30), I've been hooked! Turns out all the Pfizer reps discuss is how hypocritical Pfizer, Inc. is given its stated values versus the behaviors of management towards rank-and-file on a day-to-day basis.

Thank you for this treasure-trove of hysterical banter! Clearly Pfizer will soon implode on its own hypocrisy! While the competitive reps on the Cafe Pharma J & J board argue passionately about the efficacy of their medicines for HIV patients (for example), Pfizer reps complain that they're all being duped by senior management. Guess more than the sales reps feel this way.

Mike Driehorst said...

For a while, now not so much, I had visitors from the Pentagon. For a few seconds, I became paranoid and looked around my office for bugs. But, then I figured (and hoped) it was just because I linked to and commented on some military blogs and they were checking me out.

Hopefully.
Mike

Michael Lascelles said...

Our Prime Minister is a big mate of Pfizer. The company's local office is located in his electorate and has been a strong supporter of John Howard personally and the Liberal [ie conservative] Party. There is a revolving door between Howard, the Liberal Party and Pfizer, with many former minsterial advisers/media consultants now working for Pfizer and other drug companies. Therefore it should be no surprise to find that his staff are keeping tabs on what's happening at Pfizer Central. They probably want to know if they will still have cushy jobs to go to after serving on Howard's staff.

From Crikey.com.au:

Paul Cross: former [health minister] Michael Wooldridge's office, now at drug giant Merck Sharpe & Dohme.

• Mark Elliott: former John Howard adviser, now at Pfizer as Corporate Communications Manager.

• Catherine McGovern: former Nick Minchin staffer, now at Glaxo Smith Klein.

• Craig Regan: formerly worked in John Howard’s office, now works at Pfizer.

• Kieran Schneeman: former McGauran chief of staff, now the chief executive of Medicines Australia.

• Ken Smith: formerly worked in Michael Wooldridge's office, now at Pfizer.