Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Don't ever buy a Sony laptop!

The good part about Sony is that you don't have to wait too long for customer support. The bad part is that Sony doesn't have much support.

I got a new Sony laptop right before the Vista roll-out last year. This thing has crashed and I've had to do a full system recovery a couple of times, which means you start from scratch reloading everything.

So I just discovered a new glitch with the screen. After an hour and a half on the phone the guy tells me the only thing I can do is to spend a full day starting all over again, reinstalling everything.

But it gets worse. I figured now might be the time to get that Vista upgrade Microsoft has been crowing about.

Only, in spite of Sony promising the Vista system for free when I bought the computer, now I'm told I had to order it before March 30. If not, I'm out of luck.

I tried a number of supervisors but that didn't help.

Thank you Sony for nothing.

6 comments:

insider said...

Have you still got your old Dell gathering dust somewhere?

Anonymous said...

Thinkpad. Nothing else.

Although it might bring back memories of Pfizer.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your Vaio I have one about 2 yrs old it has been great. I was able to download 5000 emails still working like a charm ha ha anyway I hope they make it right but somehow I doubt it...there is no such thing as an ethical company any more

Benedict 16th said...

sheesh,
get a mac*

Benny

* if only to p*ss Sony off

Peter Rost said...

Benedict, so good to see you again! Wonder if any of the others from a year ago are still around?

:)

Anonymous said...

WTF are you running Windows for? Get Ubuntu linux.

I've run Apple for the past 5 years and after reading Martin Varsavsky, I took the unused Windows laptops and loaded Ubuntu (it's free). Works great.

I'll never understand why friends let friends run Windows.