Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"The Whistleblower" launched in the UK

The Whistleblower was just launched in the UK.

If you want to get it from Amazon over there, you click here.

Ranking was #3,573 this morning, but keeps jumping all over the place, so I guess they need some more data before seeing what direction things take.

And we are also about to launch "The Whistleblower" in Sweden.

If we could only get as lucky as in the U.S., with Pfizer doing what they can to drag the book into Court, we should see sales rise to the sky in foreign markets.

Oh man, I guess I shouldn't have written that, now Pfizer will stay silent. But maybe I'm just trying to trick them into silence.

They can't really know.

Sadly, ever since I thanked them for their help promoting my book and sending their "Peter Rost" letters to TV and radio stations they've stayed silent. They didn't even send a letter ahead of my CNN interview, as far as I know. They should pay me a retainer instead of all those crummy PR firms who've given them bad advice. Oh well, their gratefulness is my reward.

Or maybe, just maybe, they realized they'd look utterly stupid in front of the judge when they claimed they "didn't monitor" me and he asked how come they knew I was going to be at all those shows. It's hard not getting tripped up when you simply can't stop lying in Court, like Mr. Green has already demonstrated.

At a minimum this post should provide Pfizer with ample time to work with their local PR firms, develop Q&As and get all their local lawyers involved. And if I'm lucky there's some trigger happy general manager in a local market who just can't contain himself, and he and I can have an interesting interaction.

And that's exactly how we want things!

After all, "The Whistleblower" is about real life drama.

No comments: