Thursday, October 12, 2006

Dooce in legal trouble

Heather Armstrong, who was fired for writing her blog "Dooce" a few years ago, (which resulted in the blog phrase "dooced" when someone gets fired for writing a blog), appears to have been involved in an unfortunate legal situation.

If you'd like to know how "normal" people, like Heather, react when they are involved in a lawsuit, see her post Here Goes Nothing.

Kind of puts things into perspective.

Not that I have any intention of reacting that way. I intend to continue to enjoy every moment of the fight and continue to expose Pfizer and their goons when I catch them lying in Court or putting paper bags over their heads (using the anonymizer) when they try to hide their visits to this blog.

By the way, this is how Heather describes herself:

I am a Stay at Home Mom (SAHM) or a Shit Ass Ho Motherfucker. I do both equally well.

In a previous life I was a web designer. I lived in Los Angeles, California, for several years where I worked for drug-addicted executives and discovered what life was like as a recovering Mormon. This means that life was filled with PowerPoint templates and lethal amounts of tequila. I dated several actors and met a handful of celebrities. Everything you’ve ever heard about Los Angeles is absolutely true, especially the parts about traffic and actors: they really are that bad.

I grew up in a small suburb of Memphis, Tennessee, and graduated valedictorian of Bartlett High School in 1993. The reason I am telling you about the valedictorian part is because being able to say, “I was the valedictorian,” is the only privilege I ever got in life from achieving that goal. No one ever hired me because I was valedictorian. The lesson to be learned from this is: AIM LOW. Save yourself the time.

My parents raised me Mormon, and I grew up believing that the Mormon Church was true. In fact, I never had a cup of coffee until I was 23-years-old. I had pre-marital sex for the first time at age 22, but BY GOD I waited an extra year for the coffee. There had better be a special place in heaven for me.

I attended BYU from 1993-1997 and graduated with a degree in English. I firmly believe that BYU is the most horrible place on Earth, worse even than Disneyland. The one skill I learned in college that serves me well now is not how to solve differential equations or how to write a paper deconstructing “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” it’s how to distrust organized religion. I am no longer a practicing Mormon or someone who believes that Rush Limbaugh speaks to God. My family is understandably disappointed.

I started this website in February 2001. A year later I was fired from my job for this website because I had written stories that included people in my workplace. My advice to you is BE YE NOT SO STUPID. Never write about work on the internet unless your boss knows and sanctions the fact that YOU ARE WRITING ABOUT WORK ON THE INTERNET. If you are the boss, however, please don’t be a bitch and talk with your hands. And when you order Prada online, please don’t talk about it out loud, you rotten whore.

This website chronicles my life from a time when I was single and making a lot of money as a web designer in Los Angeles, to when I was dating the man who would become my husband, to when I lost my job and lived life as an unemployed drunk, to when I married my husband and moved to Utah, to when I became pregnant, to when I threw up and became unbearably swollen during the pregnancy, to the birth, to the aftermath, to the postpartum depression that landed me in a mental hospital. I’m better now.

In October 2005 I began running enough ads on this website that my husband was able to quit his job and become a Stay at Home Father (SAHF) or a Shit Ass Ho Fuckingbadass. He takes both very seriously. This website now supports my family.


I have to admit that Heather's last sentence gives me hope.

I guess I'll also have to use that sentence in Court when I explain why I consider my blogging to be the start of some kind of future income.

Hey, you have to have hope!


5 comments:

Peter Rost said...

Things are heating up!

Beeta, are you wearing stilettos right now?

Can we please have an image for our readers?

:)

Anonymous said...

Beeta, you are wrong! NOt to mention your spelling is a bit off. Did you stay up too late last night?
;)
Peter is SOARING and doesn't need his wings clipped. We all love the ride!

Anonymous said...

I don't get the association you are trying to make here. Dooced was apparently served with suit. You, on the other had, made a personal choice to file suit. While dealings within the court system can be stressful in general terms, there are differences when in comes to which side of the court you're sitting on - plaintiff vs defendant.

Kansas said...

So you need your wings clipped now, eh Doc? Why not just go for the gold and have yourself neutered?

Any man who would allow a woman to "clip his wings" was never much of a man in the first place. Same goes for a woman.

And thanks for the Dooce link. I think she and I were separated at birth...

Peter Rost said...

Anon, detail, details, details . . .
:)

Moogirl, yo go! I didn't mind the suggestion though, gave me inspiration to come up with a new series of posts today.
:))