Monday, October 30, 2006

Interrupted.

I just got interrupted by a five-year old boy.

"Can we play now? It IS almost dark, can we play now, daddy?"

He knows after dark I leave my computer and do more important things. Like play with him.

"Do you want us to write a story about you, on the blog?" I ask.

"No I want to play games . . ."

"You want to play games, what kind of games?" Now he is crawling behind me on my chair, hanging over my shoulder. And he is starting to lose his patience. Not that a five-year old has much of that.

"A game on the computer, you work so long. It's night!"

"Don't you want to play, like, regular games?"

"What's that daddy?"

"Well you know, like play with a train . . ."

"Can you do that on the computer?"

" . . . I thought we'd shut the computer down."

"Nooooooo, I want to go to Cartoon Network!" He insists.

"No way, something else, how about PBS kids? You wanna do that???"

"OOOOOOK, daddy."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Criminy! You have a kid and actually will spend time with him? Let me get this straight...you aspire to go back and LEAD a pharmaceutical company? Good Lord, Peter! You're a Human Being. That's not consistent and compatible with the basic requirement of being in management.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above poster, but as well after reading this I think I need an insulin shot.

Just kidding. That was cute.

Anonymous said...

"after dark I leave my computer and do more important things"

So much for - "The daylight saving time scam"

Happy Halloween!

Peter Rost said...

Just testing how far I can stretch this blog . . .

Kansas said...

I had no idea you had kids that young...you go boy!

It's nice too see the personal side of you. You shouldn't have to be all doctor all of the time.