Friday, June 02, 2006

Who is Reading My Blog?

It shouldn't be surprising that the most common visitors to my blog are the two law firms EPSTEIN BECKER & GREEN, and COVINGTON & BURLING, considering that they represent Pfizer and are looking for every possible opportunity to shut me up or simply make me vanish into the sunset.

But my fight with Pfizer appears to have attracted a slew of other avid law firm readers, many of them also probably working for Pfizer, here's a sample:

SOCHA PERCZAK SETTER & ANDERSON
PAUL WEISS RIFKIND WHARTON & GARRISON
KAYE SCHOLER FIERMAN HAYES AND HUDLER
MORRISON & FOERSTER
BRADFORD & BARTHEL
SCHWEGMAN LUNDBERG WOESSNER
FAEGRE & BENSON
JONES DAY REAVIS & POGUE
DAVIS POLK & WARDWELL
WOLF HALDENSTEIN
CHADBOURNE & PARKE
KRAMER LEVIN NAFTALIS NESSEN KAMIN & FRANKEL
MULDOON MURPHY & FAUCETTE
CARTER DELUCA FARELL & SCHMIDT
STERNE KESSLER GOLDSTEIN & FOX
GOLIN HARRIS
COZEN & O'CONNOR
GREENBAUM ROWE SMITH RAVIN DAVIS & HIMMEL
NEW YORK LAWYERS FOR PUBLIC INTEREST
MOORE & VAN ALLEN
ROBINSON & LAWING
O'MELVENY & MYERS
JENKENS & GILCHRIST
HAHN WALZ AND KNEPP
PERKINS SMITH COHEN
DORSEY & WHITNEY
GRAVES DOUGHERTY HEARON & MOODY
STRASBURGER & PRICE
GRAHAM & JAMES RIDDELL WILLIAMS
SHEARMAN & STERLING
COOLEY MANION & JONES

Perhaps I should also mention that the U.S. DEPT OF JUSTICE in Washington is a reader, and so is the federal U.S. COURTS in New York, which is where I filed my employment lawsuit.

There are also other notable names. The two most common government agencies visiting this blog are the FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION and the U.S. DEPT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. I guess one could say they are also working for Pfizer.

But they are not the only ones. I was honored to also have the visit of the NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY when I wrote a blog about Super Secret Secrets. But they only came once. On the other hand, I keep getting visits from the DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE. I'm not kidding. I'm not sure if they are working for Pfizer, I hope not. But considering that Pfizer's CEO is a Bush Ranger and one of the biggest contributors to the Party, all bets are off.

Finally, quite a few Public Relations firms are finding their way to this blog, among them D'ARCY MASIUS BENTON & BOWLES and EDELMAN PUBLIC RELATIONS; both firms have Pfizer as a client and are apparently very interested in what I write. There is also the PR firm JOELE FRANK WILKINSON BRIM, which advised Warner-Lambert in its sale to Pfizer and specializes in crisis communication. But there are more PR agencies reading, the COONEY WATERS GROUP which "uses communications to advance the goals of clients in the health care, pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors" and specializes in crisis management is apparently also interested in what I have to say. Finally we have the WPP GROUP. This is the real giant. They own so many PR firms and have so much Pfizer business, that I would expect this to be the go-to-guys for Pfizer when they are in need of crisis management because of a tiny blog that doesn't get scared by the mighty corporation.

I'm also very thankful to note that many of the major news media, such as the NEW YORK TIMES, the WALL STREET JOURNAL, the STAR LEDGER and CBS/60 MINUTES are reading this blog on an almost daily basis. Fortunately, they don't work for Pfizer. And, I guess I have to admit that even PLAYBOY is a regular reader. That took me by quite a bit of surprise. Finally, the AMERICAN LAWYER, the monthly magazine for any self-respecting lawyer is one of the most avid readers of this blog. And, who knows, maybe they'll do a story?

So, I feel honored; one fired employee writes about drug policy, healthcare, baby birds, and his fight against a $50 billion corporation and attracts all these professionals to his blog.

I guess the only thing I can say to all of you--WELCOME!

And to Pfizer, here's a Swedish proverb you may want to think about: "More cooks make a bigger mess." One more thing, if you Pfizer lawyers disagree with anything on this blog, if you find mistakes or misstatements, you can do what normal, regular people do when they disagre with this blog; write a reply correcting the information. That's a lot faster and smoother than running to a judge whining like babies.

1 comment:

Karen McL said...

Yeah...

But ya forgot about

W.E. Skrewim, Sue Yourazzof & Howe

I think Rove has retained them in advance of his indictment!

(*snark*)

And they don't leave any FUN comments neither. ;-)