Last year I dumped my life insurance, when I realized paying for life is like paying for auto insurance that only covers first day of every month. 99 out 100 bankruptcies is because someone got sick, divorced, had accident or lost job. 1 out of 100 is because someone died. So why pay for the 1% chance to die and not cover the other 99%? Well, because paying for the 99% is totally unaffordable. But hey, if you want to patch that one leak in your boat and feel good about it while leaving the other 99 holes for water to enter. . . be my guest!