Monday, April 02, 2007

No, I'm not getting any money from the $35 million Pfizer/DOJ settlement

For everyone asking me about my comments on the Pfizer/DOJ settlement:

1. I'm delighted that my false claims suit resulted in a $35 million criminal Genotropin settlement between Pfizer and DoJ.

2. I'm also very happy that I made $35 million for American tax payers.

3. Considering my contribution to the treasury, do I still have to pay taxes? Oh, forget about that, I have to have an income to worry about such things . . .

And what is Pfizer's position?

Uhm, well, after I spent months twisting their arm, they "self-reported."

"As the Department of Justice has acknowledged, Pfizer voluntarily and fully self-disclosed the off-label promotion of Genotropin by a Pharmacia subsidiary before Pharmacia was acquired by Pfizer," Pfizer General Counsel Allen Waxman said in a prepared statement.

Thank you Allen, for making sure you didn't mention my role with a single word! I guess you don't want to encourage more whistleblowers . . .

No comments: