Friday, March 16, 2007

The #1 fear among men

There is nothing most men fear more than public speaking in front of a large audience.

When done right, it is an art in itself. Here is one guy who's always inspired me:



Speaking about speaking . . . last week when I went to Stockholm to do a speech at the annual pharma marketing day, one might have expected eggs thrown at me. At least if one reads the comments about me made by certain large company PR departments.

That didn't happen.

Instead, the audience which consisted virtually entirely of pharma employees, filled out an evalutation on each speaker.

And I was just told in a letter from the organizers that yours truly received the highest ranking of all speakers. Several attendees also listed "Peter Rost" under "best part of the day," and wrote "exciting to listen to Peter Rost," "Peter Rost is a breath of fresh air," and "Peter Rost both impressed and deterred."

So what does this tell me?

It tells me what the pharma employees think and what the big pharma PR departments say are two very different things.

Kudos to the employees.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats!