Thursday, July 06, 2006

How to Read This Blog

If you don't read the readers' comments you should start now. They're often better than the posts.

And just to give you some perspective, the kind of thinking on display in some of these posts gets more common the higher up you get in any hierarchy.

Who did what, when and why, and how will that impact you? Who's watching and what does that mean? And of course you carefully weigh every word people tell you, every fake smile they flash in your direction, and take into account their hidden motives and agendas.

It may be cynical, but that's what you learn with experience.

Some managers spend half their time on such issues, just to cover their rear end.

As a senior manager it's not like people usually come to you with the unvarnished truth. You have to dig, every day, to stay on top of the real issues.

Here, on this blog, I'm just doing some of the digging for fun and entertainment. After all, it's just a blog. It's not the real world. And a troll now and then provides some spice when I don't feel like writing about something else.

The only one who may not understand that is the troll itself. I'm not taking myself too seriously, which should be pretty obvious when you read my legal disclaimer. (It has been updated to cover trolls, too.)

So everyone else can also relax. Especially the young and very angry troll.

This is what I'm talking about: ;)

4 comments:

shooter said...

Doc, DOC, DOC!!!
Hurry, I think we finally got him! You cover the east door, I got the west. I can't believe it!! The missing link! The link we've been searching for all these years. The genetic link between pre-homo sapien and homosapien. The elusive "psycodillusio-neander-java-dikhead...rex." Please, let's not let him get away. I just dispached Gomez for all the formaldehyde he can get.
Let's not spook ZAP.

Listen, Zap, until your little friends get here,.......Don't worry, be happy.

Anonymous said...

Zap,

While I can understand your unhappiness with democrats and believe me when I say I am at the top of the "Screw fake democrats until they all die" list, I still feel that possibly there will be enough of them if they take both of the houses to help bring back a lot of what we lost.

I honestly believe that if Gore runs and if there is a God, Gore will not only run but win by a landslide and thus hopefully bring democrats and reluctant ReThugs back in the democracy we call the USA.

I can only say hopefully because unless you have a crystal ball that is all we can do is hope. It will be up to Gore and others to make the announcement and from that point I will be a Gore man until hell freezes over. I will get out and go door to door if I have to and believe for someone with UC, that is saying something.

BUT right now I have to agree that there are far too many democrats who simply feel all they have to do is say "We aren't them" and get elected which is wrong. They are like trying to herd cats when it comes to building a consensus. I like Boxer over all and I like Feinstein most of all, but most of them are terrified to take a democratic party stand.

Just look what happened when Feinstein tried to bring a censure of the president. The democrats scattered like cockroaches caught with the lights being turned on and left him to twist in the wind. Cowards...the lot of 'em.

BUT if you want to hear what those of us on the ground want and believe, then sure, we got a lot of ideas and most of them jive with each other.

It's our elected "leaders" who can't seem to figure out if they want to bow to their corporate pimps and overseas corporations or to the citizens and work for them.

Right now I think it's their corporate pimps who are runnig the show. Even the so called great black hope Barrack Obama has become just another corporate pimp and is even talking about appeasing the Christian Taliban.

Yeah, there is a lot that needs working on.

shooter said...

Beeta, it wouldn't be morning without you.
Oops, Rose is into serious. My head hurts.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if anyone will go this far back but jeelawheez I CANNOT believe I kept saying FEINSTEIN, whom I really hate, instead of FEINGOLD.

Can't figure that out cuz Feinstein is just a notch below Lieberman when it comes to being a fake democrat. Even in CA where she is unopposed, she still has just over a fifty percent approval rating.