Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Important Legal Disclaimer

This blog is designed to be provocative, confrontational, irreverent, mocking, impertinent, flippant, impudent, bold, enlightening, naughty, mischievous, funny and tongue-in-cheek. If you have no humor or if you are a boring person you are not supposed to read this blog. If you read it anyway you do so at your own peril, but please do not use the reply function because then we'll all get bored.

Please do use the reply function when this blog makes you really, really mad or happy. Those are the uninhibited comments we love and you'll regret the next day.

If you are a lawyer and read this you can never use this blog in a court of law, since it does not always contain a full statement of facts, or even facts, but you can use it to entertain your fellow lawyers. And if you are an entertainment lawyer, feel free to call me because I need a gig or a speaking engagement.

You can expect to encounter generalizations, simplifications, hypothecations, exaggerations, inflations, fabrications, but mostly a lot of truths no one ever had the guts to tell you before. (The last part I wrote, my lawyer made me put in those other words.)

These are my opinions only, and most statements have been carefully researched, but that doesn't mean you will receive a fair and balanced picture of any issue. If you did, this blog would turn into a boring legal paper.

And by the way, I'm not engaged in rendering medical, legal, business, or other professional services on this site--I'm just having fun. I'm a former physician and pharmaceutical marketing executive expressing my understanding of life, business, legal, and other matters and I make no representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the sufficiency, accuracy, or utility of any information contained in this blog.

In short, if you need a life or other expert assistance, the services of a competent priest/rabbi/imam/shaman/accountant/doctor/shrink/lawyer or whatever you are into should be sought.

And if you need a life, perhaps that's no ones fault but your own. So stop whining. We all know that life is tough and then you die. That was a fabrication. I didn't really mean that, because I do know that some people need compassion. My wife tells me she needs more of that, so I'm sure there are others just like her. Boy -- am I lucky that she still puts up with me.

And I promise to be very serious sometimes and irreverent other times. It just depends on the mood I'm in. And I really like big companies, CEOs, politicians, doctors, lawyers, firemen and fuzzy animals, in spite of my comments. I also like trolls. They can be warm and cuddly. I have lots of friends who are all those things -- unless they stopped being friends after reading my musings.

This disclaimer may be updated anytime and is presumed to part of any past or future postings. If you didn't find it it's your own fault.

This blog may contain copyrighted ((c)) material. The fair use of a copyrighted work, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C., § 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed for nonprofit educational purposes. If you are the copyright owner and you disagree with my use of your copyrighted material, please let me know and I will replace such material with a note saying that you are a censor, book burner and evil person.

No comments: