Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Democratic Governor Corzine: SPEEDING AGAIN!

"I set a very bad example,” said a contrite Mr. Corzine yesterday. He broke his left femur, his sternum and 11 ribs in the auto accident in which his testosterone overdosed state trooper speeded at 91 MPH, and his boss, Corzine, didn't even bother with a seat belt.

Yep, that's a bad example.

But it didn't stop Corzine and his driver, clearly licensed to break every traffic law, from SPEEDING AGAIN on his trip home from the hospital, driving 70 in a 55 zone.

This time New York Times caught them. Read the story here.

Listen, I do understand that people are speeding, after all, not all of those speed limits make sense. But I know that if I speed and get caught, I get fined. I get points on my license, more expensive insurance, the whole thing. So why the heck is this governor guy and his tin soliders allowed to break the same laws and get away with it?

They should give each other tickets!

There is a name for this. It's called corruption. This is what we get when the laws don't apply to people in power.

1 comment:

Roy M. Poses MD said...

F Scott Fitzgerald once wrote "the very rich are different from you and me."
Maybe it's also true that the current power elite are different from you and me.
Those who make the rules (from either side of the political spectrum, from business and from the not-for-profits as well) often don't seem to think they need to abide by the rules.
See a related case here on Health Care Renewal:
http://hcrenewal.blogspot.com/2007/04/knocking-moose-off-table-downfall-of.html/