Thursday, January 04, 2007

"The Whistleblower" book reading in New York

The event Tuesday evening at a bookstore in New York worked out great!

I brought my son so he could see his father in action.

The place was packed. In fact, professor Mark Crispin Miller who led the show said attendance was wonderful, then he changed his mind and said it was the best he'd ever seen. No seats left, people were standing between bookshelves trying to get a glimpse of the action.

The evening also gave me several nice contacts. There were a few people from big pharma there, we had one "hot" discussion, I met a nice lawyer from BMS, and I also met several investment bankers, one doing "ethical investing".

I'm going to have lunch with her next week. That should be interesting.

The only surprise was that professor Miller didn't ask any questions, so I was left to talk on my own. But the audience asked so much more, so that wasn't a problem. Time flew by, and we had to shut down after an hour.

No comments: