Monday, July 23, 2007

Whistleblower Hell



Listen to the latest MP3 hit from Homeless Joe & The Pharma Spies here.

"This song is dedicated to Novartis whistleblower Mr. David Olagunu."

Lyrics to "Whistleblower Hell" MP3 Song Parody:

I knew it was illegal,
that they were clearly wrong.
I was feeling kind of worried,
but my conscience made me strong.
The company got nasty,
when I told them what I'd found.
then they called out all their thugs and goons,
and beat me to the ground.

And so I woke up in the gutter,
for being honest with myself,
because the company just sent me,
into whistleblower hell.

They said that it was treason,
As they showed me the door
now I'm sleeping near a dumpster,
cause the beatings left me poor.
My wife and children ditched me,
and I'll never work at all.
My murder will come it's plain to see,
but I'd do it all again.

And so I woke up in the gutter,
for being honest with myself,
because the company has sent me,
into whistleblower hell.

4 comments:

PharmaGuy said...

I did an impromptu and unscientific survey of the derelicts on skid row in any city, USA. Not one said he was a former whistleblower!

It would actually be interesting to learn the fate of whistleblowers; how many went bankrupt, how many are unemployed and destitute, that sort of thing.

Any info out there about that? Just thought I'd add some fuel to this Hell fire!

Anonymous said...

John, see the comments at Interview with Novartis Whistleblower's lawyer,post below. Some idea re what happened with one, at least.

Anonymous said...

Peter, thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Blowing the whistle...(exposing evils) does not send you to hell. Maany are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him from them all.

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are opren to their cry for help." "The face of the Lord is set against those who do what is evil" I believe He will reward them in His own time.

Whistle blowers may have escaped the corporate abuse and rotten back stabbing, but they are not in hell as they are very well fed and satisfied.