Friday, July 27, 2007

Pharmafraud's blog review . . .

PharmaFraud Pharma Blogger Rant is a blog I've missed writing about, so now I'm addressing that mistake . . . PharmaFraud has written an interesting analysis of other bloggers . . . we all love when other blogs write about us, right?

Go here to read.

Here's what s/he has to say about Question Authority:

Question Authority with Peter Rost - I've got to give Dr. Rost credit for showing us how much power one individual, with an opinion, some facts, and a Blog, can have. This is the first Blog I look at every day. Rost has exposed a lot of the Pharma Industry's dirty dealings. He's shamed Pharma companies into addressing some of their dirty deeds, and every Pharma company has probably altered their communication policies in consideration of the consequences that may occur if Dr. Rost gets ahold of one of their emails.

When Dr. Rost isn't being fed internal documents from a wronged Big Pharma employee, his blog doesn't pack the punch that it could. Even Dr. Rost falls into the same trap as other Bloggers when they have no story; just copy and paste some crap from another blog.
In his Big Pharma days Dr. Rost was a marketing guy, so he should know the value of a clear and powerful brand name. Why is the Blog named, "Question Authority with Dr. Peter Rost"? Drop the "Question authority", it's a bit weak. Peter Rost is the brand. Why water down the most powerful Brand in all of Blogdom. Use Question Authority as a tag line if you must, but don't muddle up brand.

Dr. Rost's biggest sin? - By offering Dr. Rost the scoop when my story breaks, I met my obligation of kissing his butt, and yet he ignores my blog. Nevertheless I'll keep my word and give him the biggest scoop of his life when my gag is removed.

Do YOU agree with Pharmafraud?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's easy to criticize success. Why change the formula when things are going well?

Anonymous said...

I like Pharmafraud. I had not seen this blog before so thanks for pointing it out...

Anonymous said...

From a branding perspective, I think you'd do better with something like "The Rost Files". It has that air of intrigue, and as a brand name, it can encompass both your musings, and the "files" that others forward to you.

Peter Rost said...

The Rost Files . . . I like that!

Mmm, this is someting to think about . . .