Friday, July 06, 2007

Read Secret Memo from Blue Cross about Sicko!

A secret memo has leaked from Capital BlueCross, written by its Vice President of Corporate Communications, Barclay Fitzpatrick.

Barclay boy's job was to go and watch "Sicko," check out the audience reaction, and suggest a plan of action for how to deal with Michael Moore and "Sicko."

"You would have to be dead to be unaffected by Moore's movie, he is an effective story teller" Barclay writes.

He then continues, "As a viewer you are made to feel ashamed to be an American, a capitalist, and part of a 'me' society instead of a 'we' society and the lack of universal health care is held up in support of that condemnation."

Read this entire amazing letter by clicking on the images below:






Don't miss PharmaGossip's take on this story, which includes an e-mail address to Barclay boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was insured via Blue Cross from February 1, 1967 through July 1, 1981. I never filed one claim. Yet, when I was in the hospital they dropped me. I never had missed one payment, or paid any payment late. The hospital stay was for a preexisting condition, so I did not even file a claim. I then could not get insurance elsewhere either, and asked a government agency what to do. They said, keep on paying, they ultimately have to reinstate you. That did happen after about four months. Then the next month the premium was set so high I could not pay it; a multiple of my income. There was no recourse. They can set any price they wish, no matter what the contract says. If you can not pay it, you will be dropped for non payment, even if you pay a large amount - greater than the contracted last premium. No more Blue Cross Blue Shield for me, or any of the existing *insurers*. What they insure is a steady flow of money out of your pocket into theirs. Or, put another way, they sell merchandise which they do not deliver. Everywhere else that is called theft. Here it is called *insurance*. We need universal healthcare and the money should be for patients and patientcare and the caregivers.