Tuesday, March 20, 2007

9 Minutes of Robinson, Lerer & Montgomery's time

Rov

I wonder . . . why did the corporate PR spin firm Robinson Lerer & Montgomery stay so long reading my blog today . . . 9 minutes. I mean, I know them well, and they visit my blog twice a day, every day (check out "returning visits" above), and have apparently also monitored me and my public comments in the news media a long time before I started blogging.

Could it be they stayed so long today because there were several posts about . . . Robinson, Lerer & Montgomery on my blog yesterday?

Like this one: "Robinson, Lerer & Montgomery: Corporate Bad News Spies" in which a well known journalists reveals Robinson, Lerer & Montgomery spied on him too!

Or this one: Amazing . . . in which I feel pity for the spies, um, I mean PR people, over at Robinson, Lerer & Montgomery, since clearly the hard-headed people at Pfizer are not taking their advice.

I dunno. Or maybe they just want to come here like all the other folks to be entertained?

Of course, it is probably not part of a fancy crisis management/PR company's image to be written up by journalists and bloggers they're spying on. PR companies are supposed to be invisible.

Then again, this might be excellent PR for Robinson, Lerer & Montgomery . . . since other troubled companies may now beat a path to their front door. Perhaps they have just been waiting for me to write about them, wondering what it would take to get mentioned on this blog?

1 comment:

CL Psych said...

Upon reading your post, I checked my tracker and noticed that this same group of consultants dropped by my site yesterday as well. I cannot say, however, that I've been nearly as popular as you -- 287 visits?? Sheesh! Oh well, I think you're right -- they love getting "outed" because it's free PR for them. Keep up the great work!