Friday, March 16, 2007

Am I really an enemy of the drug industry?

Of course, that is how many big pharma PR departments have tried to portay me.

Truth is, I'm not. After all, I spent almost twenty years working for the drug industry.

I simply pointed out how the short-sighted and greedy actions by the drug industry will end up hurting them over the years to come.

So it was with a certain joy I read the front cover of the Wall Street Journal yesterday.

There was an article about another MD, working for Wall Street, who said exactly what I've been saying . . .

From Wall Street, a Warning About Cancer-Drug Prices.

I guess the ball is finally rolling.

2 comments:

. said...

Dear Peter,

Your posts were extremely moving and accurate in my perception. I wanted to let you know, the letter to Jeff shows up twice on the blog... technogods wanted the message reinforced i guess :)

The salaries, the free lunches, free stuff, free dinners, and of course the candy and hams... All this in the name of what??? R&D?

I hope there is an happy ending to your movie. I wanted to do a shout out to your and your work on my blog, including my opinions and your videos.. papers.. etc.

If this is acceptable to you, then please let me know. I don't really shout out without your permission.

I also need to know if digging your blog.. helps or hurts.

Sorry to comment for so long, but I could not find an email address for you.

Please, don't lose heart, I respect SO greatly the principles for which you are fighting. Let me know what I can ever do to help .

Thanks so much for EVERYTHING and for having the guts to speak up, and be a role model for the rest of us... stick to your principles.

Joan

PS. we all read your blog now :)

Peter Rost said...

Wow. Thanks!

Yes, diggin helps. If others agree, the message spreads rapidly!

And feel free to shout!