Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Digg made my blog explode

Two weeks ago I tried to stop blogging, but I failed miserably, so I wrote a post about Blogg addiction.

Perhaps that was just as well, because today my blog literally exploded, thanks to the site Digg.

The post below, A boyfriend's public revenge on cheating girlfriend is beating anything I've posted in the past, about, 20,000,25,000,30,000, 35,000, 40,000, 50,000 70,000 hits in less than a day, which seems to have generated thousands of "diggs."

And it's all thanks to Digg where it has been top ten last 24 hours.

In fact, the story is now #1 on Digg News!




If you wonder what it was like to get all these visitors, I'd compare it to this video when a fireworks factory went up in smoke . . . I have to admit I wonder how the camera man made it out alive:





As a former marketing VP, I sure am learning a lot about the net and viral marketing .

And as for my regular readers . . . if you want this blog to be read, now you know what to do: Keep clicking that Digg symbol below each post you like and make sure you register your name on Digg, it takes ten seconds!


1 comment:

Argon said...

Sounds like a great idea. I signed up for Digg, but how do I get that Digg icon on my blog?