Friday, September 14, 2007

I'll speak at a drug hearing in the Swedish Parliament . . .

. . . and because of this I had to cancel my participation as one of "the star blogger panelists at the DTC in the Age of Innovation Conference." Those were John Mack's kind words in his post Blogs Bob Ehrlich Reads.

By the way you should check out who Bob is and what he reads.

Of course, I realize that Pfizer's lawyers and lobbyists in Sweden and the U.S. will want to hear what I have to tell the Swedes about the marketing of drugs . . . so for those lawyers, go here to download the program to the left, for October 24.

Three of the Swedish political opposition parties are paying for my travel . . . kind of cool.

I'm also having a fourth sponsor, I'll be doing a speech in Göteborg, Sweden on October 18, as part of "Entreprenörsdagen" which translates into "The Entrepreneur's Day."

You may wonder why they asked me to come, and, sure I've started some businesses, some of whom still exist (like the book publisher Affärslitteratur AB, which I sold before moving to the U.S.), but that's not the reason they invited me.

The theme happens to be "Med ett rent samvete" or "With a clean conscience." And I guess they thought I have something to say about that.



But the fun doesn't end there:

The Swedish translation of my book "Killer Drug," called "Wolfpack" in Sweden, or "Vargflocken" in Swedish will also be officially launched with some major press activity and a launch party.

When that's done, we may just come back and do a more formal launch in the U.S.

Of course, those of you reading this blog already know the book exists, but no word has been spread outside the blog world, so far.

No comments: