Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I’ve been a very bad boy.

For several days now, I haven’t posted those long, thoughtful, opinion pieces on politics, corporations and similar stuff.

Instead I’ve been posting videos with interest-grabbing headlines, funny little clips that illustrate some of the turmoil within Pfizer.

And I have to admit I did this because I just couldn’t help myself. After all, I’m not a very serious guy: I really just want to have some fun. I used to have that fun when I was running a business, but since I’m no longer allowed to do that, I have to limit myself to having fun running this web site. I also thought that all the Pfizer people coming here would enjoy, which they have certainly proven they did, based on the stampede.

But of course I shouldn’t do this; I promised a few weeks ago that I would stick to a new format. And I managed to do just that for several weeks. But then, the primal caveman urge to simply have some fun took over. The fact that ratings literally exploded also had something to do with this. Those ratings, they’re like crack; pretty addictive. You see the masses coming, and you can’t help but post yet another video.



But my mother sometimes tells me I shouldn’t look at ratings. After all, she says, it is not the quantity of visitors but the quality. And when I get lots of visitors using topics or pictures she doesn’t approve of, then, she doesn’t feel I should be happy about those visitors.

I guess the problem for me is that I’m really an extrovert person. So not working with a lot of people makes me reach out through this blog. It becomes a virtual reality having those visitors coming by. My real-life joy, however, is when I get to attend a legal deposition with Pfizer. I just had another one yesterday, when my lawyer questioned one of Pfizer’s employees.

You might think it’s a bit unusual to enjoy a deposition, but it just tells you how much I enjoy interaction with others, even if they are Pfizer’s defense lawyers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, you make the legal process sound like a movie with all the twists and turns and various players. Are you doing a second book...?