Friday, September 12, 2008

Obama is in trouble. Palin is kicking his butt.

I love to hear Obama speak, he is one of the most intelligent presidential candidates in a very long time. And I think his brain power would make him a good president, even though he is lacking in experience.

But I also have to admit that I'm joyous about Palin's part in this drama.

The tension between her and Gibson was palpable in yesterday's ABC interview. Gibson came across as the elder statesman who had to restrain himself from talking down to Palin. And Palin was defensive, but she also spoke well and in a way that is going to make the Republican base love her.

The whole thing is amazing theater, similiar to a real-life Lifetime story.

My concern about Obama is that we don't really know what he stands for more than change, he has been very good at avoiding confrontations.

My concern about Palin is that she hasn't ever in her life had the desire to travel outside of the U.S. To go to Mexico and Canada doesn't count.

As for Biden and McCain, who cares.

The two of them are just a side show at this point.

No comments: