Friday, October 27, 2006

From a Glaxo Employee . . .

Subject: Great Book! I am sharing it with other Pharma Reps in the Industry
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:42:03 EDT

Dear Dr. Rost,

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your book, however, for you and your family's experience I wished it was fictional. However, I greatly appreciated the extent that you went to expose the industry and facts that are not revealed to the public, but known by many insiders. I still believe there are many good intentioned people in this industry, but are ruined by the few greedy people and the pathetic marketing ploys.

However, I was not aware of the Medicare Part D clause that does not allow the government to negotiate prices with the Pharma Companies. I never owned a business but, commonsense would tell me that the more I buy from my suppliers the better the price.....Economics 101....

Thanks,
Employee of the " I am no Mother Theresa" company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like a good doc below, this good, decent and ethical drug sales rep felt the need to come forward and join this group in trying to do something about the serious issue of Big pharma misconduct.
It is hard to say, but he does sound as an experienced, perhaps old-timer ( very few left in the business) rep. who I hope for his sake is close to retirement. If he is still young he may decide to stay and continue the "fight". However it has to be covert till the critical mass is formed that will overwhelm the power of big pharma. My suggestion to anyone in the business who feels like this rep.Anything "wrong" you see, hear, feel or smell, documet, collect, file.
Don't be like those 3 monkeys. Yes they trained you that way but you ain't no ape.

Prince Valium said...

Some advice for all who work in Pharma, Food or any other "regulated" environment:
"Suit up, show up and shut up."

When you enter in to the relationship with these organizations you have to know that "omerte" is the code of ethics. To quote Chris Rock: "I'm not saying it's right...I am just saying I understand."