Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Secret Source for Pfizer Info

I have a Secret Source. An incredibly smart guy who writes much better than I do. He noted that I had missed an important point in my Pfizer analysis, "More fizz at Pfizer?"

And he suggested I take credit for this brainy analysis, but my conscience tells me I can't.

Here it is:

PFE's joint venture with Neurocrine to develop the sleep drug Indiplon fell apart after Indiplon failed to pass the FDA. Pfizer now has no sleep drug. It could acquire Sepracor and jump to number 2 in the sleep market (with Lunesta), but it would have to eat Lunesta's massive advertising costs which are something crazy like 50% of revenues. I doubt the beancounters at PFE would appreciate those margins.

The other reason PFE might want to buy Sepracor? Sleep drugs are frequently abused and prescribed for weird off label purposes (like depression) and you know how PFE can't resist acquiring a company that turns out to have off label legal problems ... not that i'm suggesting in any way that Sepracor has anything like that going on ...

Funny guy, my Secret Source. And smart.

If you too, want to become a Secret Source, feel free to write me on rostpeter@hotmail.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think corporate abuse is out of control... Doc, check out this new movie on an old topic. This guy produced Led Zepplin, the Who, a bunch of movies (Trading Places), and has this new one which I hope wakes this fucking country up. We need to kill the Fed before anything happens.

http://www.freedomtofascism.com/

Anonymous said...

Good job bebop!

A good source of background material for your website is:

http://realityzone.stores.yahoo.net/creature2.html