Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Follow a whistleblower case live!

OK, so I was going to let you follow a whistleblower case inside AstraZeneca live. I was going to give you the report number and the password over at www.azethics.com and you could log on.

But the whistleblower, whom we'll call Mary Smith, just contacted me and asked me to hold off. She thought we might get more mileage out of this if I simply followed the story quietly, and then report back to you.

The beauty is, of course, that AstraZeneca has no idea which one of all the complaints they get it is that I'm monitoring. So they have to treat everyone right.

Just to make things even more interesting I also have another AstraZeneca story brewing, where the same request has been made.

I guess what all of this proves is that if employees thought the companies would do the right thing, they'd never contact me or anyone else. And they still have their hopes up, asking me to stay silent unless the company shows bad faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dr. Rost. I just posted a follow-up note to the AZEthics.com website with some more information that I remembered.

Mary Smith