Friday, May 22, 2009

What pharma company did this sales rep work for?



Listen to what she said about flirting with old doctors . . .

At one point, Corinne insisted, “I have no moral compass.” The most damning illustration has to do with her (now former) job as a pharmaceutical sales rep, where she said she knowingly sold drugs to physicicans that she knew would kill people. “Selling drugs is a lie. I sold drugs that I knew damn well—I sold Vioxx for Merck before it got taken off the market for killing people. I knew damn well it was dangerous; I went around telling them to write it. There’s a lot of serious lying I’ve done in my life,” she said.

That’s okay, Corinne told me, because “I’m doing a job. For me, in that case, Merck told me to go out and sell drug even though I had hesitation about it. It’s not for me to say. … Don’t listen to me. Read your fucking journals. Why the fuck are you listening to your rep? Just because I’m pretty? You think I know more about the drug? No.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What she has said that is written regarding the selling of drugs, and how reps compromise their integrity as they corrupt their souls (my interpretation) is very accurate.

Ed said...

What a charming young woman...

"Why the fuck are you listening to your rep" - I wonder would sentances like this make doctors more likely to refuse to see reps - if the reps are declaring themselves useless pieces of meat without any info?