Friday, May 02, 2008

Blogicide.

My attempt to commit blogicide this week, playing endless German Schlagermusik, has ended in utter failure. Readers keep coming back, I'm not sure for what.

You know you're on the cutting edge as a blogger, when people come back, in spite of your efforts to drive them away.

Also, you know you're on the cutting edge if you use words that have fewer than 5,000 references on Google, such as
blogicide.

I could've used
blogocide instead; that one has fewer than 1,000 references and no doubt after this post, Question Authority will make history mentioning both words in one post.

After all, that's what blogging is about, making history, right?

Taking oneself so seriously that you imagine the whole world wants to hear what you have to post . . . and then feverishly checking readership every hour.

Oh well, perhaps I can come up with something even worse to write about next week. Or perhaps I'll just hit the mute button.

No comments: