Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Schering-Plough comments on Zetia chocolates picture published by Question Authority.

Yesterday Question Authority brought you this image:



Today, someone at Schering-Plough commented, after a helpful reader published a link on SP's message board:

"No shit. Half the fat f#*ks in these offices won't even look at you unless bring them crap like this. A majority of them will even give you specifcs as to what to bring them. The other half are very appreciative and recognize that we are only looking for a few seconds of the dr's time."

Source.

Quite frankly, I feel bad for the Schering-Plough reps. Everyone in the world wants them to stop selling Vytoring and Zetia, and their management is pushing them to sell more. That's a tough position to be in. At the end of the day, they have to provide for their families, and if chocolates work, because that's what those medical offices are asking for, well, I guess chocolates it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

--
Speaking as one of those "fat f#*ks in these offices," the goodies distributed as pharma promotional tchatchkes have never been much of a help in getting me to prescribe any particular product. The few that have tended to arrive in my office have been unsolicited, and have generally gone home to amuse my kids (and nowadays my grandkids).

What I *do* like from the reps are journal article reprints (even if I only scan 'em and circular-file 'em), patient evaluation tools, and stuff I can use for patient education.

I won't sneer at ballpoint pens, either, but that's about the limit.

One thing. I've got a collection of branded coffee mugs each of which promotes a prescription drug that was later withdrawn from the market owing to safety concerns.

I don't want to add any more of these.

--